Turner On TV
Brian recently made an
appearance on James Martin's Saturday Morning
Click here to watch it again
Tony Blackburn - Coconut Rice Pudding
75g/3oz pudding rice
300ml/11floz double cream
300ml/11floz coconut milk
60g/2 ½ oz sugar
1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped
30g/1 ¼ oz butter
400g/14oz fresh raspberries
2 tbsp icing sugar
2 tbsp white rum –optional
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
1 pinch nutmeg
How to Create the Dish
1. Wash the rice and drain.
2. Pour the cream and coconut milk into a saucepan, bring to the boil then add the rice and stir well to distribute.
3. Add the sugar, split vanilla pod and butter and simmer slowly for about 20-30 minutes, stirring regularly until cooked.
4. Put half the raspberries into a saucepan with the icing sugar, rum and spices, bring up to the boil and simmer until thickened.
5. Remove the star anise and cinnamon stick and push through a sieve into bowl containing the remaining raspberries, then set aside to cool.
6. Pour the rice pudding into dishes and put raspberries in the centre and serve.