Turner On TV
Brian recently made an
appearance on James Martin's Saturday Morning
Click here to watch it again
4tbsp chopped parsley
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 x 1.6kg/3 ½ lb chicken
2 large onions, cut into quarters
2 sticks celery, cut in half
2 leeks, cut in half
1.5litres/2pt 12floz chicken stock
275ml/½ pt double cream
12 new potatoes
4 carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces
1 swede, peeled and cut into small pieces
How to Create the Dish
1. Take 25g/1oz of the butter and mix with 1tbsp of the chopped parsley and season well.
2. Release the skin on the breasts of the chicken from the neck end and using a finger, push the parsley butter in then smooth the skin down and reshape the chicken.
3. Fill a large pot with the chicken stock then add the onions, celery and leeks and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken and simmer for 1 ¼ hours until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear when the pierced.
4. Whilst the chicken is cooking shape and prepare the vegetables.
5. Wrap each kind of vegetable in a clean cloth and cook in the simmering stock with the chicken.
6. Lift the chicken and vegetables out of the stock and keep warm.
7. Strain the stock from the pot into a clean pan and cook for about 10-15 minutes until reduced by 2/3.
8. Add the double cream and cook until the sauce thickens then beat in the remaining butter and add the chopped parsley. Season to taste then serve the carve the chicken and serve with the sauce spooned over the top and the vegetables alongside.