Turner On TV
Brian recently made an
appearance on James Martin's Saturday Morning
Click here to watch it again
In August Brian will be hosting the Countryfile Kitchen Stage
Click here to find out more
How to Create the Dish
1. Crush the potatoes and carrots together in a bowl then add the cabbage and pieces of chicken meat. Mix well then season with salt and black pepper.
2. Shape into 4 equal sized balls then pass through the flour, egg and breadcrumbs until each ball is fully coated. Shape into flattish cakes about 15cm/ 6” in diameter.
3. Heat a frying pan until hot, add some dripping and when it’s melted, add the bubble and squeak and cook until light golden brown then flip over and slowly cook through until hot.
4. Meanwhile, mix the sausage meat with the chopped tomato and touch of mustard in a bowl, then shape into 7.5cm/3” cakes.
5. Heat a separate frying pan until hot, add some dripping and when it’s melted, add the sausage cakes and fry until golden brown, then flip over and cook until hot through.
6. Place the bubble and squeak on a plate then top with the sausage cake and serve.