Turner In The U.S.
Brian joins the Roux scholars on
a culinary tour of California
Click here to find out more
my latest ramblings
2tbsp olive oil
1 sprig fresh thyme
1 crushed clove garlic
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 carrots, cut into 5mm/¼“ dice
2 sticks celery, cut into 5mm/¼“ dice
1 head of fennel, cut into 5mm/¼“ dice
1.2l/2pts chicken stock
1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 5mm/¼“ dice
1 courgette, finely diced
4 tomatoes, deseeded and finely diced
2 roasted chicken thighs
2tbsp freshly grated parmesan
How to Create the Dish
1. Heat a sauté pan until medium hot, then add the oil and butter and when just melted, add the thyme and crushed garlic and sweat for 1 minute.
2. Add the onion, carrot, celery and fennel and cook for 5 minutes until just softened but not coloured at all.
3. Add the stock and bring up to the boil, then simmer gently for 10 minutes.
4. Add the macaroni and return to a simmer, then add the potato and cook for another 10 minutes – by now all the vegetables and pasta should be nearly cooked.
5. Add the courgette and tomatoes and simmer while you remove the skin from the chicken, debone and cut the meat into 5mm/¼” dice.
Add the chicken to the soup and heat through, then season to taste and stir in the parsley. Serve with the grated parmesan