Turner On TV
Brian recently made an
appearance on James Martin's Saturday Morning
Click here to watch it again
In August Brian will be hosting the Countryfile Kitchen Stage
Click here to find out more
Nicholas Parsons - Irish Stew
How to Create the Dish
1. Put the chops into a large pot and cover with water.
2. Bring up to the boil then take off and put under cold running water
3. Wash and peel the potatoes then slice thinly and place into a large clean saucepan or casserole dish.
4. Lay the chops on top then shred the large onions and sprinkle over the chops.
5. Cover with chicken stock, add the bouquet garni and bring up to the boil then immediately turn down to a gentle simmer, cover with a lid and simmer for about 1.5 hours.
6. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the new potatoes and simmer for 10-12 minutes until just tender. Do the same with the button onions .
7. Carefully lift the chops out of the pan and set aside. Mash the potatoes and onions that are in the pan until fairly broken down, then return the chops to the pan with the cooked new potatoes and button onions.
8. Check the seasoning then add the chopped parsley and celery leaves and stir through.
9. Serve straightaway.