Turner On TV
Brian recently made an
appearance on James Martin's Saturday Morning
Click here to watch it again
In August Brian will be hosting the Countryfile Kitchen Stage
Click here to find out more
How to Create the Dish
1. Heat the cream, milk, vanilla seeds and pod in a saucepan until simmering.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks, egg and 150g/5oz of the sugar together in a bowl.
3. Pour the hot cream mixture over the eggs and whisk to combine then pour through a fine sieve into a jug.
4. Spread the bread with the butter and marmalade then cut into triangles and layer into a medium sized ovenproof dish.
5. Pour the custard mixture over the bread and set aside for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3.
7. Place the pudding into a high sided oven tray and fill the tray with warm water until it comes just half way up the pie dish. Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes until just set and lightly golden.
8. While the pudding bakes, make the orange salad.
9. Place the last 25g/1oz of the sugar into a small saucepan with 25ml/1floz of water and bring to a simmer.
10. Zest 2 of the oranges into the sugar syrup along with the lemon then cook until most of the sugar syrup has evaporated.
11. Tip into a sieve to drain then tip out onto a chopping board. Add the pistachios and chop through until finely chopped.
12. Peel and slice the oranges and divide between the serving plates. Spoon the bread and butter pudding onto the oranges then finish with a spoonful of orange and pistachio.