Turner On TV
Brian recently made an
appearance on James Martin's Saturday Morning
Click here to watch it again
In August Brian will be hosting the Countryfile Kitchen Stage
Click here to find out more
Diane Louise Jordan - Savoury Donuts
How to Create the Dish
1. Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl.
2. Mix the yeast and water together then add to the bowl and mix well until it forms a smooth dough. Cover the bowl with cling film, leave in a warm but not too hot place until mixture has doubled in size.
3. When batter is ready, heat the groundnut oil in a wok to about 180c
4. Drop a teaspoon of batter into oil and fry until it rises to the top of the oil and is evenly coloured. Remove and drain onto kitchen paper.
5. Meanwhile, heat a sauté pan until hot, melt the butter and add chopped shallots and sweat for a couple of minutes.
6. Add the kernels of white maize, the tomatoes and green pepper and sweat for another minute. Add the stock and cream and gently simmer until just tender and the liquor nicely reduced.
7. Finally, make the pepper sauce. Heat a sauté pan until hot, add the butter, onions, garlic and peppers and sweat for 5 minutes without colouring.