Turner On TV
Brian recently made an
appearance on James Martin's Saturday Morning
Click here to watch it again
In August Brian will be hosting the Countryfile Kitchen Stage
Click here to find out more
How to Create the Dish
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Heat an ovenproof pan until hot, add the oil and fry the sausages until golden brown, then remove and set aside.
3. Add the bacon, and fry for a minute then add the onion and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes, without colouring until just softening.
4. Add the tinned tomatoes, white wine and thyme and bring to a simmer.
5. Return the sausages to the pan, then cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
6. Remove the sprig of thyme, then add the chick peas, honey and fresh chopped tomatoes and stir well to combine, then check the seasoning.
7. Mix the grated cheese, breadcrumbs and parsley together than scatter over the top of the stew.
Place in the oven until golden and bubbling then serve with mashed potatoes.